Friday, July 24, 2009

E. Lynn Harris~RIP to a great writer

I first saw the twitter blast about E. Lynn Harris passing and I thought it was a lie. I saw it again on twitter and I then figured it was true.

Damn.

I was just in Walmart on Thursday night, looking at one of his books and saying I need to get this one (don't quote me on which one it is, I just know I haven't read it). Now I need to make sure I pick them all up for my library collection.

I have read "Just As I Am" and "This Too Shall Pass" and those were really good. One of the best African American authors, died while promoting his new book.

Did you have a particular book by Harris that you read and thought was great? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

1 comment:

Thee_Kween said...

I read the first 6 or 7 books he wrote in about a week's time. My mother had the books but not all (had to go to the library for the other), but they were all connected with the characters of Basil, etc. Don't remember their names...it was about 5yrs ago. All I remember is this one line, "Calm your pussy down, Ms Peaches!" lmaoo

I'll never forget that...but those books were deep. They definitely shined a light on the gay community and perception of WHO is gay. Great writer.

RIP E. Lynn