Friday, September 19, 2008

Loose thoughts

Gas is now down to $3.87. I decided to go ahead and fill up but when I got to the $50 mark I was like, "No I'm stopping at $60. Period. That is what I did and that acutally got my car to the full mark. Usually I fill up until I hear the first "click" meaning that it is full. I could not get in my mind to fill up a car past $60. It's insane.

It's amazing that the price of gas really does affect all other things in our household. Filling up my car cost almost the same price as my montly light bill. Utilities can be monitored and right now, if the lights don't have to be on, they are off. It's cool enough outside where I don't have to turn on the ac during the day. Besides that no one is at home, so since that is the case, why even turn it on? I have a cell phone so that eliminates the use of a house phone. So from that aspect I am cutting all that I can.

I even had to take on another job. Tis the season of Christmas and people are going to try their best to have a Christmas dinner or celebration regardless of how the finances are. I am happy for that because the essentials have to be taken care of. I need to make sure that my car is serviced, tires are good, get rid of some old things that may be in my apartment and replace them with needed essentials, put some money aside for a rainy day. The list could go on for days.

I really had in mind to write about something else today but my mind slipped off to this. Maybe when I come back I will figure out what I really wanted to talk about. Right now I am counting down the time to get off for the weekend.

No comments: