Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Progress...

After one month of not being employed full time, I think I just MAY have some progress. I was just contacted yesterday by a recruiter for a local company and they want me to come in for an interview. I immediately wanted to jump out of my skin at the offer.

For anyone who can relate, sitting at home and not working full time and not having anything possibly to do is so annoying. It seems like this is when your friends and your family, especially your family, who have nothing else to do, seem to find something for YOU to do, like you really want to be bothered with their bull.

I can see their faces when that day come and I say "I AM BACK AT WORK!!!" They will be happy, but then not happy, because I am not around to galivant them around the city. Humph, find something to do. Get a hobby. That's what most do when they have nothing to do.

Call me a workaholic, but I just like being able to work a regular Monday-Friday job (along with the part time job that I have) and have the weekends to be free, chill out with friends, hang out with my motorcycle fam, you know whatever.

So until I get back on steady ground, this is my spur-of-the-moment drop in on blogger. I got some things I need to get back to working on. See ya in a bit!!!

3 comments:

Ms_Slim said...

Good luck with everything, DS!! :)
Take care!!!

Brilliance Is A Habit (c) Unknown said...

What type of job are you looking for specifically?
I know must be hard but, thing do happen for a reason.

I am praying for you.

Diamond~Star said...

@ Ms. Slim: Thanks.

@ Brillance: At this point ALMOST anything. The bills have to get paid. Wouldn't be too much of a big deal if I hadn't bought a car two years ago, but I have that along with other bills. Going back to broadcasting was going to be an option until I saw the major overhaul some of these news outlets just pulled. I am sure things will work out for me. I am still praying.