Monday, March 9, 2009

BYOB




Normally when you see "BYOB" it's usually indicated on a flyer at a party or a social gathering. Yet, never would you ever think to use that term at a place of residence.


Well now you can.


Someone I know fits the perfect BYOB status...my oldest sister. She can invite you over for dinner, telling you what time dinner starts and whatnot. Sounds good till you get there and see the meal but NOTHING to drink.


The hostess is sitting down with her own glass of pink lemonade, while you and the rest of the members of the house are quenching for thirst.


Wrong, just plain wrong!!!


I ask, "Well what's to drink here?" and she answers, "Water". Hmm...while water may be the best choice of drink, it is not always what you want to drink. Can't we get some pink lemonade too, kool-aid, SOMETHING???


From that point forward, I had been bringing my own beverage. When I get the dinner invite, I just go ahead and bring my own kool-aid packs or grab a 2 liter drink so that the general public (that would be the rest of us) would have something to drink when we have dinner. I tell her, "This is for the general public, since you got to hide your pink lemonade from everybody else." The beverage issue is the main discrepancy. My sister hides her Chips A hoy cookies too.


I will never understand...

No comments: