Friday, February 20, 2009

A Man Who Prays

Something struck me today while in conversation with a friend of mine. As usual, I was bored to death at my sister's house, sitting at the computer doing nothing. I decided to call my friend, since I hadn't talked to him in a couple of days.

We chatted for a minute, asking how each other was doing, you know the usual stuff. I was telling him that the old company sent my severance so I was able to get most of my bills caught up. It's been two months and I am still searching for full time employment somewhere. I have a part time job, but it's exactly that. The hr department at the part time job said they could not make me full time because of budget cuts (right) but they will schedule me as many days as they can. That can really be anywhere from one day to 4 days, normally no more than 20 hours. That is better than nothing, but it's not really spelling relief either. The only time I may be able to get more than 20 hours a week is if someone calls out. Usually I am the first person they try to call.

My friend gave me some words of encouragement and then he says, " I have been praying for you."

I thanked him for that. I mean shoot, who don't need prayer? I need all the prayer I can get these days and time. He continues to tell me that there are women out there who don't believe he prays.

What??? Tell me that's not really what some women think???

I ask why and he said it may have to do with how people perceive him. He is a nice looking guy, dress nice, very nice truck, nice bike, has a stable job (in other words the bling) and he is a people person. Yet most women see $$ and not neccesarily the inner persona of someone when they first see them.

Humph.

Maybe I'm just one of those women that fit in the 1% group that aren't neccesarily wanting a man for their material possessions. All that is good. Yet I got sooo much respect for a man who prays, who knows that they are not perfect and they do need to pray to a higher power for guidance. I got even greater respect for those who not only pray for themselves, but they pray for others in the process.

It just kinda had me dumbfound for a minute to think that there are some people that don't believe others pray, or go to church, or worship because of an image.

So here is to my dear friend. Thank you for your continued prayers. Like the old church song goes, "Somebody Prayed for Me".

No comments: