Monday, December 15, 2008

Back from hiding

I think I have been away from blogger for about a week. Alot has gone on since I last posted. My followers and others I network on blogger know that I would be on here every week.

Well here is the scoop.

About a week ago, the customer service side of our department got the confirmation that we were being let go and our 60 day working notice had begun (December 6). The "working notice" means that we will continue to get paid biweekly until February 3rd, however we will not be required to come back to the office. In other words, we want to get rid of you right now. We will pay you for your time just as long as you pack your things and get out. At least 10 of us were eliminated from our jobs. This does not include an additional 10 that were let go at the beginning of November.

The only thing that irritated me about the whole deal was that they called us in for a 9am meeting to tell us this crap and then we would have to leave by 12 noon. Not to mention the big whigs were in Hartford, Connecticut when they decided to drop the 60 day bomb. I guess it was safe for them to to it there instead of South Carolina. The last time they were down here and they let those first 10 people go, I thought I riot was going to break out.

So last week I picked up hours at Kmart to pass up some time and to make some extra money. Why Kmart have to have their Christmas items 50 percent off already? People buying lights and garlands out of the ying yang and we got like TWO cashiers open up front. I was so sick and tired of Kmart that week alone. I am so glad for this day off.

This weekend I went to a motorcycle club party, which turned out to be pretty good. Sunday, I had to work till midnight at the Big K. I get a voice message from my friend who I am feeling but not trying to get wrapped around him cause just like Raymond, everybody in the motorcycle community loves him. He says (on the message) that it was unsual for me not to call and wanted to know what was up.**clearing throat** If you are into football, and you religously watch it every Sunday and you have already told me that you don't talk to anyone while football is on until afterwards, then why at 7:30pm are you calling with this message??? I had to listen to this 6 times to make sure I was hearing it right. Hell, since football is his "me" time between him and the television, why even bother him, especially if I am not interested? (Note: I do know the rules of football. I rather watch it live than in front of a television set). Lo and behold my friend calls me this morning and I ask him about it. His reply: "I know you don't usually call during football but you do text me sometimes to tell me have a good day so...I guess I got used to hearing from you all the time with something." YO!!!!! Is he getting his head wrapped up? I am not reading into that too fast but who would have ever thought I would have heard him say that.

So now you know I am riding high off of that little comment for the moment. Monday is going pretty good. I am catching up on all my networking sites and check other blogger pages to see what's going on. Hope your Monday is good also.

3 comments:

[flahy] [blak] [chik] said...

Well I hope everything works out well with the lay off! Thankfully you'll still receive a couple more paychecks!

Thee_Kween said...

Lord, Diamond...you done mentally screwed him and now he's counting on your contact. LOL DO the damn thing!

I too am glad that you have some money incoming. I will pray for your continued employment. Stay blessed my girl.

Diamond~Star said...

@ fbc: Thanks girl.

@ Kween: You know? LOL You are too funny. Thanks for the words of encouragement also.