Wednesday, December 3, 2008

When You Think You Had It Bad...

Earlier this week I had been under alot of stress. You know how it goes: not making enough money, stretching to make the bills meet, aggravating relatives. Makes you want to go on a vacation when you get back on your feet. QUICKLY!

I had to do alot of praying and mediating so I could ease my nerves. There are times when I feel that there is so much going on in my life that I think I am going to crack.

A cousin of mine called me last night and we were talking about the Friday after Thanksgiving, how it was so great seeing people near and far, folks we having seen in a long time. Some how of another we got to talking about this young lady I used to hang out with when I was working in Hemingway back in 2000. She, her sister, and I were real good friends working at Tupperware Manufacturing. Since we were temporary workers, we could work as many hours as we wanted during the week. We used to log mad overtime, at least 60 hours a week. Once we got paid we took care of the bills we had to take care of and every now and again we would go shopping or go out to eat. It was so much fun. At the time I was back home in my granddaddy's house, which meant no rent, and no house bills, but I felt it was my responsibility to help out with the food, cooking, etc and anything else he needed. His only request was that his kids and grandkids worked. And I wasn't about to sit around the house no way.

By 2003 I had enough money saved up to move to Columbia, and though I didn't want to move away from granddaddy but at the same time I needed to progress financially and Heminway wasn't doing it. Columbia was a better move because I wasn't that far from him and I could still come home and hang out with my family and close friends.

Which brings me back to the conversation with me and my cousin about my friend and her sister. I will call them Amina and Stacia. Amina (who is older) was about 20 when I met her, already had her own mobile home and a car, and a 2 year old and kept herself up real good. Stacia was about 3 years younger, also worked at Tupperware and she worked because her mom made her basically. She was so stuck on this guy named Shawn, and he was dogging her out by dating this other chick, had a baby with her and all.

My cousin told me Amina has "lost her mind". I was like what do you mean? I mean she always said something off the wall sometimes but she could not be like THAT. My cousin was like, "No, I really think she lost her mind or something. From what the people say here, Amina was messing around with this married man. His wife found out about it and had put roots on her. She hadn't been right since." I am now shocked like hell. I was like, "Shereka (my cousin) you got to be lying." But Shereka was like,"Nah. I know Amina real good too and she was always friendly and I know of her to always try to keep herself up. But now? Girl she gained weight. She don't keep her hair up no more and I saw her and her mom going to Family Dollar and she had to hold Amina's hand like she was retarded or something. I spoke to her and she kinda speak slow now." Right now (it just came to my mind) that this girl could have possibly had a stroke but I don't know and according to Shereka, no one really knows what happened to Amina except people keep saying the lady put roots on her.

Well why not put roots on the husband? I mean he was just at fault as Amina was.
Don't get me wrong, I am surely not saying what Amina did was right but if indeed this lady put some type of roots on her she is so dead wrong for that. If anyone practice that stuff I believe you should never do harm to people. That put you in a category of witches (if you believe in them). Shereka said that I should go see her one day. I want to but then I don't. I don't know if I can really stand to see her in that state of mind. Then again, Amina may need her true friends to be by her side. Maybe she can snap out of this trance, if it is one.

Her sister, Stacia, on the other hand...a total mess. According to Shereka, Stacia is still fooling around with that no good bastard Shawn and he got the girl sniffing powder. WTF??? This chick went from the town princess to the town drug addict??? Where is her mind? She had some issues from the time I met her anyway because the rumor around town (back then in 2000) was that she messed around with her momma's husband (which would be her stepdaddy). Ewwww.... I don't know for fact about that but that's real nasty to say and even do. I don't know when it happened but I know her mom and stepdad were together when we all were working back at Tupperware. I don't know about now cause I haven't seen these ladies in about 5 years.

Hearing what Stacia and Amina have (and is still going through) now proves to me that my issues are not really that bad. I break out in hives from time to time (that's usually caused by stressed) but in the end I am able to get through it. Both of these ladies need help and fast. It looks like a long road ahead for both of them and I really hope Stacia gets cleaned up and Amina gets well soon.

Now, would you really say you got it bad?

3 comments:

cdg43 said...

ok one of them is a garden tool all used up and the other is sick in the head. How nasty can you be to sleep with your mother's husband (your step-father). And I hold him just as responsible for even looking at his stepdaughter like that. Makes my stomach hurt just thinking about it. I think you should check on your friend because it may be something medical. I dont know if that root stuff work but I dont want to find out either. I will just keep praying it stays away from me.

Thee_Kween said...

I feel you on the "perspective". I was in here crying over shit until a friend hit me up to say that he is days away from homelessness. Has NO family. NO money. Lost weight from not having food. I swear, I felt blessed. I immediately thanked God, prayed for him and shut up.

Diamond~Star said...

@Kiwi: I am feeling you on that. Times are definitely hard, but when you hear of other people's stories, you have to think back and be like, "Wow you know what, nevermind what I'm complaining about. I don't want to go what he/she is going through." I pray that things get better for your friend too.