Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday is for Wings

I love chicken wings. Everytime I go out to a bike club event, I go straight to the food table to check out the wings. No lie! Not trying to be greedy or anything but I love chicken wings, especially drummettes.

However sometimes when ordering from a particular restaurant you don't have the option of ordering just drummettes or just flaps. This particular restaurant called Wing Zone sells your choice of bone-in or boneless wings. I usually order the boneless wings from here because their bone-in wings sometimes appear to be overfried.

This Friday I had planned not to order out. I wanted to cut down on my spending and eat some home cooked food. Last night my cousin cooked some steak, rice, peas and corn. I brought some rice and steak with me to work (what was left of it cause I didn't not get to eat any after it was done). This was going to be my meal for the day at work.

The steak and rice didn't work out too well. While the rice was ok, the steak (to me) was hard. There are all different types of steak and whereas I really don't know which kind it was, I know it was tough to my liking. I didn't even eat all the food. I was left sitting here wondering what am I going to eat because I was getting hungry. Chic Fila was out, Subway was out, Duck-In was out. There are not too many places in the area I work to get food. The only thing left to get was wings and I had to drive to get those. This was the only thing that really appealed to me.

So...I ordered the boneless wings.

I don't regret doing so cause they were so good. But I am planning out my grocery list so that I can have more of a variety of foods to take to work with me. More water, salad bags, fruits. I think I am going to try one of my recipes that I printed from yahoo foods. I am definitely going to try to bake an apple bottom cake this weekend that my friend Kiwi passed on on her blog site (and if you need some tips on cooking, sharing receipes, tips or more, check out her blog spot at http://www.kweencanburn.blogspot.com/).

I will let you know how things turn out.

3 comments:

My_Expressions said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My_Expressions said...

whats wrong with chick fil-a? I love their milk shakes. =)

Diamond~Star said...

I like Chick Fila too. I just didn't want it that particular day. I love their chicken nuggets dipped in buffalo sauce. Their milkshakes are great too.