Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tuesday Morning

So it's Tuesday morning and I am off to my sister's house at 7am to finish washing and drying my clothes that was supposed to be taken care of yesterday. This time of morning is usually good because the kids are getting ready to go off to school and while I am waiting on my clothes to dry, I can get on the internet and check my emails as well as all the networking sites that I am on.

Not even 5 minutes pass by and my neice Asya says to me, "Do you want to take me to school today?"

Do I want to take you to school? No I don't want to take you to school. That is what the bus is for. Of course I am thinking this in my head so I ask, "So why should I take you to school? May it be because your hair is not finished?"

"Yes," she replied. "And the bus comes at 7:30 and I won't be ready by then."

Well I'll be. See, if my clothes were finished yesterday we wouldn't be having this conversation today. So I said to her, "Yes but make this your last request. Need to get up a little bit earlier to do what you need to do.

Meanwhile, Chelsea, one of my neice and nephews friends who stayed over last night ask, "Ms. Keisha, could I ask you a favor?"

I'm thinking: Great. Here goes my Tuesday morning.

"Could you drop me off at school too?" she continued.

What is this, drop the kids off at school day? First off how in the crap Chelsea got there in the first place and where is her momma? She goes to school in Irmo which is about 5 minutes away from where my sister lives. My sister's kids are zoned for Columbia High, which is less than 2 minutes around the corner, boom bam, that's it.

I agree to take Chelsea to school too, warning her (and the rest of them) this was their last ride?

Not wanting to be mean to the teenie boppers, but hey, you got to get up and be responsible, adjust your time if you need to and get it right. Today teenagers get privledges that we ourselves growing up never had. I am from the country, and where I am from there was no ride to school but the school bus, so we had to get up and get to the road and stand out there and wait for the bus to arrive. Let us still be standing out there and the bus not there..our mom's would be calling the school trying to find out if the bus broke down or something, anything before actually getting into her car and driving you to school. If we were being driven to school, it was because one of us had to be signed back in cause of a suspension and believe me when I say that wasn't going to happen to often. Good thing I never had to have a ride to school for that.

Meanwhile, back in my day (and I am not that old) your momma got up when you got up to make sure you were going to school. Yeah, they got to be responsible but they are still kids who could try you on the sly. Ha!

After all of the ripping and running I did this morning I still did not get all of my laundry done, which means more work to do when I go back over there this afternoon. However if I have to work my other job, then that will mean that it will get delayed again till tomorrow. *Sigh*.

2 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

u write well
Nice spot u have here, hope u don’t mind the drive by, do chk me out one day

rawdawgbuffalo and if u like what u read, maybe u will come back, even Blog Roll Me
zcnlug

Big_Mama_43 said...

Well that seems like a morning in my household. Kids really believe that they can work it out just by asking us to do something and it doesn't matter what we are doing or have to do.