Friday, October 24, 2008

Hair-raising Friday




May, 2008













June, 2008



August, 2008




September, 2008







October, 2008





These are differnt pics of me since I've had my hair cut back in May, 2008. Since then it has grown some and I am glad. The short bob was cute, but I had to keep my hair up every 4 to 6 weeks because the back of my hair grew so fast.


I have read so many hair blogs this week, I've decide to write my own. At least how I maintain mine.



I wanted it done this week because I am attending a pajama party hosted by one of the motorcycle clubs in Aiken. I will have to figure out the style part before Saturday night. I just needed my hair permed because the back kitchen was saying "Wee ooh wee ooh wee, like a cop call."



My cousin Symoan relaxed it, after my niece Asya wasn't able to. Asya was extremely upset that she could not make the football classic in Alabama this weekend. My thing was you ain't getting in my hair upset so I called my friend Debra, who by this time I think was sleeping. Debra and Asya are the only two people I really allow in my hair as far as relaxing it. Asya is the backup in case Debra is not available because Debra can relax and cut (or trim if you hair needs trimming). Asya can relax and style, including updos and things like that. I haven't seen her trim ends and she will need a doll to practice on first. She's only 16, so I'm not allowing her to cut nothing off of my hair right now. Symoan did a good job. Afterwards, I conditioned my hair, wrapped it while it was still damp, and tied a silk scarf over it and called it a night. I am not a fan of the hair dryer unless I am a rush. I wasn't going no where so...




My this morning my hair was completely dry and it came out exactly the way I wanted to: straight. I had to use some castor oil conditioner because my hair was dry and it had to have some shine and bounce. I only do that once a week anyway, as well as the flat ironing of my hair. That's a once a week thing. I am not into curling hair all the time no way.



Usually in between touch ups, I wash my hair once a week with Infusium 23 shampoo, do a hot oil treatment with Africa's best 6 in one oil, and use Infusium 23 leave in conditioner, wrap and go. Using the leave in conditioner eliminates me from adding more oil to my hair when it's done cause it normally last the entire week (the shine that is). Of course I would need to be already in my house for the day and have no plans on going anywhere else. If I can help it, I am not drying my hair. If I airdry it without wrapping it, then I will have to section it out in small pieces and flat iron it. If I wrap it and put the scarf on it, tied it down tight, then all I have to do in the morning is comb my hair down and flat iron it a little (if neccessary).



Now that my hair is of length for now, I am going to get it braided. It's already cold some days in the south and I need my braids. I plan on getting those done before Thanksgiving break. We got alot of activities going on at home, with alot of home town people coming back in from their homes so I gotta look sharp, lol. I got a few cousiins that braid hair who live close to me, and one of Asya's friends braids so I am not lacking a braider in that department. I remember how my cousin Tina from Philly would come down and practically buy all the braiding hair I had at home because she said it was cheaper here than it is there. The same pack of $1 yaky synthetic braid that curls up on the end she said cost $4. I told her we have hair like that down here too, but she emphasis that it was the same brand of hair we had for $1 was $4 there. I am like WOW!!!



The same it is for braiding. The cost ratio is way different here than there. Most girls learn how to braid hair early ( I learned how to cornrow when I was 10) but Shawn from up the street will take $20 or whatever you give her (that really gets to me when someone don't set a price, just say "Whatever you give me". Okay, then I'll give you a $1!!! I wouldn't do anyone like that but still). I think Tina told me her daughter (who is 25, lives in Philly) charges 45 for goddess braids and somewhere around $130 for micros and that depends on what kind of micros. Dayum. The financial resources here are no where near what Pennsylvania has. Personally, I never had to pay over $65 for micros. The braiders here in Columbia (the ones in the shop) charge between $150-200 with the hair (sometimes without). Lil Shaniqua down the street-$20 with your own hair, $30 without. Most of the time Shaniqua will do better than some of the braiders in the shop.


I'll know what I am going to do in the next few weeks. I am saving my money for the braider, the hair itself, and the hair supplies to keep it up. I plan on having my hair braided through March and the first day of spring. That way it will get a rest from relaxing. Sometimes I say that and will renig because I just like to be versatile. I could wear a wig but I get tired of that too. We will see.


Hope all have a good weekend


3 comments:

Thee_Kween said...

DAYUM, your kitchen was putting out cop SOS's? I feel you. I just got my hair newly permed about a couple of weeks ago...I was OVERDUE! I hadn't had a perm since late May/early June.

It looks nice...The braiding thing? Yea, I'm tender headed. I cant sit that long for no hair braiding. lol Yes, the hair is WAY more expensive in the North. GO FIGURE!!

Diamond~Star said...

Wow...no wonder why my cousins try to pack the trunks of their cars with braiding hair and extensions...lol.

Amina said...

the back kitchen was saying "Wee ooh wee ooh wee, like a cop call."

I was laughing so much!! this is the first time i am hearing this expression :)
Your hair is beautiful!
Thank you for sharing your routine with us!!