Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Take A Stand Against the One Floor Riders



We the people at various jobs that are located in high rises are tired of this and we want it to stop now!!!


I am talking abou the One Floor Riders (or OFL). You know the ones: they wait at least 5 minutes for an elevator just to go up or down to the next level instead of taking the dayum stairs.


If you have something that you are carrying that is heavy, then yes I understand. Go ahead and take the elevator. But when you are just sitting there with a bag from Chick-Fila, or matter of fact nothing at all, and you get on the elevator from the FIRST floor to go to the SECOND floor??? Come on. It doesn't take that much energy to use the stairs.


Here in my building the OFL's are very frequent among the 3rd and 4th floors. Today I got on the elevator from the 7th floor (where I work) to go down to the 1st floor to get a soda from the canteen. The elevator stops on the 3rd floor. Here comes an unidentified OFL (never seen this person before so she is unidentified). The person on the elevator with me (he got on from the 7th floor too) asked her what floor she's going to. This chick is going to say "2". 2???? where all you had to go is go down the stairs to the second floor and it would have been a wrap???
That really gets to me. As much as doctors talking about getting at least 30 minutes of exercise a day for better health, walking up or down one floor should not hurt anybody at all. The next time you are on an elevator, think about that OFL that interrupted your ride to the 10th floor all because she wanted to ride the elevator from the 2nd to the 3rd floor, the same person that knows where the stairs are at, can clearly see the signs but is too lazy to even climb up the stairs.
That's my vent for today.

2 comments:

Brilliance Is A Habit (c) Unknown said...

When I was in college this was the worst ever. lol

I only forgive new people who don't know how high the floors are in between. lol

Thee_Kween said...

Yea, thats a bit much. I think its habit. You see an elevator...you take it. It's ingrained laziness.